Ministry of Commerce, National Bureau of Statistics, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange jointly issued on September 8, "2008 Annual Statistical Bulletin of China's overseas direct investment", jointly released the statistics of china's overseas direct investment.
The Bulletin expounded China's overseas direct investment on six parts: China's overseas direct investment overview, the characteristics of China's overseas direct investment, China's overseas direct investment in major economies, the composition of domestic investors in china, the distribution of overseas direct investment enterprises, comprehensive statistical data.
The part of general view mainly reflects the current situation of china's overseas direct investment and the status among the global overseas direct investment.
- In 2008, china's overseas direct investment (hereinafter referred to as "the Flow") reached 55.91 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 111% compared with the previous year.
Of which 41.86 billion U.S. dollars is non-financial investment, increased by 68.5%, accounting for 74.9%; financial investment 14.05 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 741%, accounting for 25.1%.
- Up to the end of 2008, more than 8,500 domestic Chinese investors established 12,000 overseas direct investment enterprises (hereinafter referred to as overseas enterprises) in 174 countries (regions) of the world, the net cumulative outbound direct investment (hereinafter referred to as "the Stock Quantity") reached 183.97 billion U.S. dollars , the total assets of overseas companies amount to more than one trillion U.S. dollars.
- Up to the end of 2008, the Stock Quantity of financial overseas direct investment is 36.69 billion U.S. dollars, 26.79 billion U.S. dollars of which belongs to the banking sector, accounting for 73%; 510 million U.S. Dollars belongs to the insurance industry, accounting for 1.4%, 530 million U.S. Dollars belongs to the securities industry, accounting for 1.4%, and other financial activities 8.86 billion U.S. dollars, accounting for 24.2%.
Up to the end of 2008, China's state-owned commercial banks have established 43 branches and 20 subsidiary organizations in 28 countries and regions such as the United States, Japan, Britain, with 8.1 million employee, of which 7.9 million are foreign workers; 12 overseas financial insurance institutions were set up by china till the end of 2008 .
- In 2008, Chinese non-financial overseas direct investment reached 41.86 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 68.5%; the sales income of the overseas enterprises reached 534.3 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 58.3%.
by The domestic investors realized 179.2 billion U.S. Dollars exports and imports through the overseas enterprises, of which exports 32.1 billion U.S. dollars, 29.4% over the previous year.
- Up to the end of 2008, employment in overseas enterprises reached 102.6 million, of which 45.5 million are foreign employee.
The second part of the Bulletin analysed the characteristics of the Flows Stock Quantity of china's overseas direct investment in 2008 .
- The Flow exceeded 50 billion U.S. dollars for the first time, doubled in scale compared with the previous year; acquisition, merger accounting for half of the amount of this period overseas direct investment flows; financial sector's overseas direct investment is actively, 7.4 times higher than the previous year in the Flow; reinvestment by current profits decreased by 19.2% compared with the previous year; 90% of the Flows this year are invested into business services, finance, wholesale and retail trade, mining, transportation; Asia is the most concentrated areas of current flow , Africa is the largest growth area; some provinces are in steady growth of overseas investment, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shandong provinces rank the top of the non-financial overseas direct investment flow; central enterprises accounted for 85.4% of traffic, while the private sector accounted for only 0.3% of the Flow.
The third part of the Bulletin mainly analysed the direct investment into the from the six major economies: the EU, the United States, Australia, the Russian Federation, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and china's of Hong Kong, from the perspective of investment industry constitute.
The sixth part of the Bulletin is mainly the list of the comprehensive statistical data on overseas direct investment.